Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Self-Improvement Commencement

So today while "stumbling"I came across an interesting TED video about committing to a 30 day challenge. My initial thought was, "this is too simple", as I read into a couple people blog about their experiences and the challenges they face completing their 30 days my view became a bit more optimistic. 
I discuss matters with couple of my friends and within no time we came about the genius idea to create a blog mapping our way down these 30 day challenges.
I am not really the committing type, in high school I went from sport to sport and in college I change my interests way to often. Thus the mere fact that I am committing 30 days to doing something is in itself self-improvement. And honestly that is one thing that as I become more educated I have become fond of. 

Self-improvment. 
Wiki describes it as "self guided improvements, economically, intellectually, or emotionally."

Whether its running every day, drinking more water, eating healthier, watching less television, reading more. I enjoy (for the most part) anything that will occupy my time and at the same time make me a better person. But like most people the initial excitement of starting a new exercise or diet regiment or even getting lost in the first half of a book, eventually fades and thus the habit is discontinued. 

I am here to end that! With the motivation of a few of my friends embarking on their own 30 day challenges I will welcome a new habit into my life 30 days at a time. 

My first challenge will be to meditate for 15-30mins each day for 30 days.  I choose meditation because I learned through my into to anthropology course the absolutely incredible benefits [self-improvments] it has on you body and mind. My adventure will begin tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment