Sunday, August 21, 2011

NYC Robert: Sometimes meeting new people is easier than it may seem

8/20/11

It was so silent in my house I probably could’ve been woken by a pin drop. What actually woke me was the religion of our new technology, the joyful sound we all enjoy, the precious sound of a fucking iphone text message. Nice!!! I honestly wish I’m never woken by that annoying iphone text sound again. Anyway, I thought it was only 7 am, but as I glance at the clock it reads 8:20. All I could think of was getting to work by 9:00 am. Already it’s clear I’m having a damn good morning. Obviously I didn’t have much time to get ready so I quickly got dressed and ate some breakfast. Luckily, I was out the door within 20 minutes.

At work it was a regular Saturday (not much going on). I would get many regulars, who would come in mainly to chat. Today, Eric came in to see what was on clearance. Eric is a financial adviser, who in his spare time seeks discounts on electronic merchandise such as cameras, camcorders, and TV’s. Lately, he's been coming in and has been a mentor to me. So far he and I have discussed a lot of his past. Like when he used to live in Barbados and was very financially set. So set he owned very expensive cars, lived on the beach, and traveled to countries like people go to the grocery store. Eric had a very interesting past. These days he's taking it really easy. His reason for that is mainly because he reads the bible a lot. It’s taught him not to be so wild and rambunctious... If you’re wondering how that happened, just think of a bachelor living in the Caribbean with a lot of money. As our conversation grew, I then discussed my ventures a bit too, mainly on my challenge of meeting new people. Eric then mentions something very wise-the Book of Solomon. He tells me how Solomon had many women, but mentions that they were just metaphorical weights on his shoulders. The pleasure they brought would be of a mere fifteen, twenty, or thirty minutes, and then what? He stares at what he just did and feels no different than he did before, except a bit worse. By Eric mentioning this, I thought he may have taken what I said a bit wrong. But either way what he said was very insightful. You may assume I know Eric very well however, today was the first time I found out his name. After he left I really thought of the words by Solomon, and how I could use them.

The day was the day, but by night the dogs come out to play.

Later that day my friends and I venture to a barbecue, there we met Ashleigh, along with her family and friends. I got into a brief conversation with Ashleigh about her take on one of my blogs. She had great input, but was so bombarded with tending to her guests that we postponed the conversation for later. After the cake had been cut, and the drinks had been drunken, my friends and I decided to head out. But before we did of course we had to say our goodbye's. During this time a fellow comrade of mine, who happens to be a KAPPA assumed that some girl was astounded by that. I disagreed. Later I asked him why he thought he KAPPANESS made him more desirable, and we kind of bumped heads. I guess when you have two cocky guys so close to one another that’s bound to happen. But everything is cool folks

.

Onto our other lame adventure, Nautical Mile, there we found a bar that didn't close at 2am. Anyway, while at the bar I wanted to find out more about what women think about dating and relationships. It wasn't long before I was talking to three ladies on the subject. I didn't get their demographics, but their perspectives were different than Nicky and Emily, who I mentioned in a previous post. So I kept listening and talking. I learned more about the women's mind, and although I will never fully figure it out, I find that this helps. Of the three ladies I found out one is in a relationship, another is a teacher, and the last is a bartender. The Bartender had a lot to say and she said she hears a lot of stories on relationships. I figured that because people get drunk and talk to the bartender, so that made a lot of sense. After listening to all of these ladies I felt that I had a lot of insightful information and that would help me in my next relationship blog. I said my goodbye's and finally the night had ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment