Wednesday, August 24, 2011

NYC Robert: Wisdom Tooth


I did not want to get out of bed today. I wasn't interested in talking to, or being around anyone because today was the day I had to get my wisdom tooth removed. Ouch! Since I knew food wouldn't be much of an option after the procedure I ate as much as I could for breakfast.

Today was national drive slow day. I knew that because I'm only 15 minutes away from the dentist and I was running late. As I glanced down at the speedometer it read 45 mph. WTF!! Since I'm the nicest person in the world I didn't honk my horn, instead I just went with the flow. I also called the dentist to let them know that I would be five minutes late. Their office is very strict, and what made that more obvious was the conversation I had about being five minutes late. The lady said "you can only be five minutes, no more." As I listened to her aggressive tone of voice I thought to myself, "Who the fuck is the bitch talking to?" However, I responded "Okay." Driving with aggression at 45 mph is the best feeling ever. Not! At the office I still felt the tension in the ladies voice. I say to myself "What the fuck did I do?" You may think she was having a bad day, but actually every time I spoke to her it was the same way. Maybe I missed the memo on how to have a conversation with secretaries that are annoyed with life. Anyway, as I sat in an empty waiting room, I wondered why they played classical music.

The lady came to the door, and said "Michael, we're ready for you." I thought to myself, "really I'm the only one here, who the fuck else would you be ready for?" I walked down the hall and went to the third door on my left. There I was instructed to sit in a chair and place a tube that contained nitric oxide around my nose. I looked to my right and saw an X-ray of my maxilla, I also saw the destruction that was about to take place. It took a while for the NO2 to circulate my body, in that time I made small talk with the dentist and his assistant. The talk was mainly about the Nitric Oxide I was inhaling and how funny it was making me feel. I also noticed the music and how calm it made me feel. In a way I wanted to laugh because of the irony, but couldn't. At that moment they knew the chemicals were taking an affect. That's when I got about ten injections in the upper and lower regions of my wisdom teeth.

The nitric oxide was really doing the trick; at times I would close my eyes and begin to fall asleep. Other times, I would watch the dentist use various tools to chisel around the tooth until he could pull it out. The procedure lasted about fifteen minutes, and the only thing I had felt was the numbness in my mouth. I actually got a verbal award by having big wisdom teeth. They even allowed me to keep them. Let's go teeth!! I found that to be very fascinating. Who would have thought that my mouth housed big teeth? Awesome!

Before my day ended I had to get my pain medication. I went to my local Wal-Mart, but they wanted too much information so I decided to go my CVS. However, before I left I decided to get body wash, deodorant, and peroxide. After getting my hygenol supplies I went to join the checkout line. While I was walking this lady steam rolled right in front of me. She then turned around and said, "I'm sorry I didn't see you there." Let’s back up...I'm walking to the checkout line and I'm clearly in front of her. As I stare at the line I notice frizzy hair crossing my path. Damn! This bitch just cut me. She apologized, but all I could do was stare and say, "don't worry about." Kicker is I got her back. Another line had opened up, and I notice her trying to go over there. Whoops! I shimmied right on down. "Next!" The clerk said. Ha-ha bitch..

Well until next time my brothers and sisters
One love.

No comments:

Post a Comment