Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hi it's NYC Robert

For a huge part of my life I've been a bit shy. When i say bit I mean i talk only if i know the person. As I'am growing now my personality is beginning to change, but I want to get really better at loosening up around people and not being so tight. A good reason I feel I can do this is because I played many sports in high school and I'am pursuing a degree in education. With those to traits I've learnt that communication is key. If I hadn't communicated with my Quarter back then we wouldn't had succeeded. Building a good level of confidence can all come through practice. I can assume to get that by sitting on my butt and not trying to communicate and interact with people that I don't know. In addition, interacting with people I don't will also give me the opportunity to view things from many perspectives.
Talking to someone for the first time can be very challenging. One reason for that is because you don't know the person very well. Other reasons can be a lack of confidence in yourself and/or what you're talking about. In my case it's a bit of both. When I meet a new person I feel a lack of confidence until I break a barrier, which for me is usually the introduction.
Introductions are really the most important part of a conversation. It tells a person whether or not they are interested in talking to that person. I've read books that I will mention later on how to start conversations, and how to keep them going. Now I'd like to put them to the test to help myself become more confident in getting my point across.
This blog will consist of a challenge to talk to one stranger each day for thirty days. I will begin my challenge on 8/16/11. My reason once again for doing this is to become a better people person, and to gain confidence in myself when talking to new people. I believe this will help me in my future because I plan on owning a gym one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment